Facebook has become an essential tool for healthcare businesses. That’s good news and bad news. Facebook is an incredibly effective marketing platform that is, in theory, accessible to a wide variety of businesses. But it’s also a notoriously confusing platform that’s challenging to use.
That’s why we’ve created this handy guide designed to answer your basic Facebook business page questions–and teach you how to succeed with your Facebook business goals.
Step 1: Creating a Facebook Business Page
In order to create a Facebook business page, you will first require a personal Facebook account. You don’t have to be active or populate that account beyond what’s necessary–but you can’t create a business page without one. Once you have done that:
- Log in to your personal Facebook account
- In the left hand menu, find the “Pages” item
- In the *new* left hand side menu, click the “Create New Page” button
- Start populating the information as best you can.
It will be important to be as thorough and thoughtful as possible when creating your page. Some of this information is relatively easy to edit later, but some of it isn’t. So take your time and get things as correct as you can.
Step 2: Managing Your Facebook Business Page
There are currently two primary options for managing your Facebook business page. You can use Business Manager or Business Suite. Which one should you go with? Typically, we recommend Facebook Business Suite, and the reason is simple: it’s newer, has more features, and will likely completely replace Facebook Business Manager eventually.
- You can either use Facebook Business Suite on your browser or download an app for your desktop or mobile device.
- With Facebook Business Suite, you can also manage your other Meta business pages (for example, your business Instagram page, should you have one).
- Facebook recently changed its corporate name to Meta–so you may have to search for Meta Business Manager and Meta Business Suite.
Is it free to use Facebook business suite? Yes!
Step 3: How Can I Add Users to my Facebook Business Page?
At some point, you may want to add more people to your Facebook business page–that way you can delegate tasks (for example, to your marketing agency). But you don’t want to hand out your personal passwords to everyone, though. That makes sense–and it’s why Facebook will allow you to add more people to your business page.
To add a new user:
- Find your “Business Settings” in the menu, and click on “People.” From there, you should be able to click on “add.”
- Once you’ve added a person, you need to choose their user role. You can always do this later, too. The role you choose will determine what the added user can and cannot do. For example, with certain permissions, the new user can create and run Facebook ads for your account.
Step 4: Running Facebook Ads
So, you might be thinking: what can I do with Facebook Business Suite? Well, most people will use this app to create and manage Facebook ads.
As a healthcare company, you may have specific marketing goals, and Facebook ads might be part of that. So you want to know how to set up and run those ads! But here’s where it gets tricky, because the process will be slightly different depending on whether you’re using the Facebook Suite mobile app, desktop app, or you’re trying to do it right through Facebook.
In general, however, the steps are like this:
- Start by clicking “Ads” in your sidebar menu–it’s usually on the left.
- In the top right, you’ll see a button called “Create Ad”–you’ll want to click that.
- Select a goal for your ad. Do you want more likes? More followers? Or more conversions? The goal is important, so choose wisely.
- Select an audience. This is where Facebook ads can become really powerful in the right hands. Try to choose a audience that’s targeted–but not too small.
- Select a budget. Sometimes you can pay by click, impression, or view–and your budget will dictate how many of those you get.
- Review your results: Running successful Facebook ads is often a process of trial and error. Make sure you’re tracking, reviewing, and analyzing your results.
Step 5: Bring in Expert Help
Facebook business pages are kind of like their own little ecosystem. There are a significant number of ins and outs–and you often have to rely on your own expertise to get results. (Facebook customer service is not exactly famous for its responsiveness.)
That’s why having an experienced expert in your corner is essential to achieving the optimal outcome. That’s especially true when it comes to healthcare marketing. Facebook–like other platforms–has special rules around healthcare advertising.
Partnering with an experienced ad agency–one who knows the rules and can help you successfully navigate them–will ultimately improve your ROI and bring in new patients.
Contact PatientX today to get help with your Facebook marketing, so you can get back to welcoming new patients!
November 14, 2022
By Michael Winkleman | Marketing
Tags: , facebook, social media
About the Author:
Michael is the CEO of PatientX, a fast-growing healthcare marketing and branding firm. PatientX strategically develops digital innovations and strategic ideas to encourage patients to view their healthcare providers with a fresh, forward-thinking perspective, and, thus, to nurture better relationships between patient and provider. In his role as CEO, Michael takes great pleasure in helping healthcare providers and healthcare B2B clients with the unique challenges they face. With over 15 years in his field, Michael is no stranger to the challenges one faces in marketing and branding, and he is able to draw from his deep well of experience to deliver optimal strategies and solutions.